Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update

Mike is now at the Border Patrol Academy in New Mexico. He left yesterday at like 4:30 in the AM. Sorry, I was so distracted by the thought of him being gone, that I never got pictures of him as he left or anything. Plus he got a cold (of course) a couple days ago and was in no mood for pictures. I'm on my own now for about 10 weeks. Mike's first couple of days have gone good. He's very nervous about all the studying and drill Sergent type screaming but I think he'll be fine.

I, on the other hand, am no good on my own. The last time Mike was out of town (for only 3 days, mind you) I thought that someone was trying to break into our apartment. I noticed a lot of rustling in the tree right outside our balcony and I thought someone was climbing it to get on the patio. My heart was racing, I could barely breath, I was scared out of my mind. I was literally screaming "I can see you, I know you're out there, I'm calling the cops right now..." I had dialed 911 and everything. After a couple of seconds and no response from the would be intruder, I got up the courage to walk over and turn on the patio light. I noticed two flashes of white and what sounded like whispering. Then all of a sudden two white, pointed faces looked through the leaves at me. My attackers? Nothing more that two Opossums fighting in the tree...they looked at me like I was an idiot and scampered away. See, told ya, I'm no good on my own.

I plan to work, finish my last math class, find a new home in SD, pack up the apartment, loose more weight and find a new job while Mike is away. Gotta keep busy lest my imagination gets the best of me!

No comments: